Monday, July 1, 2024

really?

I know I can't keep track of things


    That's mainly because I don't put stuff away.  

    Every day I look for something.  A scissors, my car key, my phone, the paper I just made notes on for the  store.

    But today topped them all.

    I could not find my lawn mower.

    This is not the small push until you keel over in the heat mower.  It's a VW sized rider, bright red.

    I had mowed most of the yard around the house.  

    But my legs hurt, so I took a break.

    I went in the back door and sat for a while.

    When I got up, I went out the back door and ..... no mower.

    I went to the front of the house.  No mower.

    I went to the garage side of t he house.  No mower.

    Now I can deal with misplacing my glasses or screwdriver.  But a freakin mower?

    I walked around to the side of the house and there it was.

    I can not figure why I would park it on the side of the house when my legs hurt.  If anything, I would have parked it as close to possible to the house, not as far away as possible.

    Sigh.

    And I mowed the field. 

    After mowing, I cleaned out under the mower and as I was doing this, I thought there has to be an easier way. 

    I raise the blade up as high as it goes, then I lay down on the ground and grab the muck with my hands and pull it off the mower.  Sometimes I use a scraper, but there is not a lot of room.

    If I get up too fast I get nauseous. 

    My hands get filthy, my shirt gets dirty, the driveway is a mess and I wonder how I can do this better.

    My thought is:  car ramps!  I get two ramps, pull the mower up, exposing the underside, and I can easily lean over and scrape. 

    I just don't know if it will work.

    After scraping, I use the hose to wash off the underside.

    Today I hit myself 3 times with the jet setting.  Now I was full of muck and wet.

    When I finished everything, I showered, warmed up supper, and poured some wine. 

    I am still pouring.

Peace and Love

 

No comments:

Post a Comment