Monday, July 29, 2024

updates

 Sometimes I just give TMI


    No exception tonight.

    I ended up going to convenient care at the local hospital.

    The really nice PA examined my ears.  It was funny, because she shined a light in tone ear and on the wall behind me a cartoon popped up!

    There is no sign of infection in either ear.  She thought I had a blockage in the eustachian tube, and that it would take a couple of days to clear up.

    She also said if it was still there, check with my audiologist to see if it was something else.

    I have gone from hearing a fan in my right ear to hearing a medium pitched drone.  The downside is I can't hear crap.  Also, I experienced dry heaves, which is a delightful experience. 

    I finally ate something at 7 tonight, the first food I have eaten today.  That statement alone should tell you I don't feel well.

    I am still unsteady at times.  Jackie asked me if I was ok driving and I said yes.  I'm  sure the corn will be ok to harvest once it gets upright, but other than that, I did ok.

    Xfinity folks came out again today.  They ran tests, laid a new line from the box to the house, and checked the modem.  Again.  They said all was good.  

    This is the second line run from the box.  This one is supposed to be the correct one, which I guess means the one run 2 weeks ago was not.

    One of the techs came back in with a new modem, unpacked it, and plugged that in. 

    We have not dropped internet since.

    When this started a month or so ago, I suggested we needed a new modem.  They kept saying no.

    Whether it was the modem or the line, I don't care.  As long as we stop the drop.

    Lastly, Beth was out in front today for a long time.

    I went to check on her and she was having a staring contest with the dog across the street. Ollie was on the road by our ditch, tail just a wagging.  Ollie is a cute little guy, must weigh about 12-15 pounds and is very friendly.

    I have never seen Ollie out of the yard.  And at the time, I was not sure it even belonged to the people across the street because of that.

    I told Beth to go into the house so I could shoo Ollie home.  Instead, Ollie galloped into the yard and they spent the next several minutes wagging tails and sniffing.

    I thought Beth was getting a little too excited, so I picked her up to go inside.  The front door was open and Ollie beat us into the house!

    Julia was working but I yelled for her and she came up as Ollie was running around.  

    She picked up Ollie, we called the neighbor who was out in back of their house looking for the dog, because he never leaves the yard.

    Based on Beth's prior behavior around dogs, this was a good experience!  Last week she went to Emily's and went out in the back yard with Siri and had a great time running around with her.  I think it is when a dog is in our house that Beth gets a little crazy.

    But then, I am a little crazy too.

    And dizzy.

Peace and Love


  

No comments:

Post a Comment