Wednesday, July 31, 2024

enigma

I think that might describe me 


    Something difficult to explain or understand.  Like a puzzle.

    Like the problem with my right ear.

    To recap:  Saturday I started feeling dizzy and nauseated.  When  I got home, I took out my hearing aids and found I could not hear out of my right ear.  Sunday I felt like crap, even had dry heaves.  Monday did not feel better and went to convenient care.  Ears checked, no noticeable infection or swelling.

    Contacted my audiologist Tuesday and tthey had me in today.

    Checked my hearing.  Left ear has not changed much since 2021.  Right ear has major hearing loss.

    No sings of infection or damage.

    Go to anther health care person in the building.  He checks my ears, nose, throat....no signs of infection or swelling.

    Then he checked my glands, running his hands up and down my neck and head.  Damn, the felt great!

    No problem.

    When health care professional have no idea, they come up with a fancy word:  idiopathic, which means, "beats me."

    They can't seem to find a reason for the sudden loss.

    It may be a virus, but all 3 people have kind of downplayed that.

    In any case, I was put on a prednisone regime and given some pills to help with the balance and dizziness.

    What's next? 

    Well, if the symptoms don't go away I will have an MRI to see if there is another issue.  

    I am taking the prednisone and on the side effects it says anxiety, nervousness, sleeplessness......which is my daily life.

    It also says on males it can cause itching ion the testicles.  

    Great.  

    One plus, if there is a plus, is Jackie likes the TV on when we go to sleep.  I can't sleep with the TV on.  But last night I slept on my left side and barely heard the TV!

    But I don't want that to be an every night thing.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment