Sunday, July 21, 2024

it ain't easy

Honestly, I do try to read directions 


    But that does not necessarily mean success for me.

    Emily mentioned a long time ago that the push button electronic locks into the house don't work.

    So in February, I bought 2 new sets.

    I read the directions.  I used a magnifying glass to read them.  I read them a couple of times.

    Today I went out to put on the new lockset.

    The package says:  Easy installation.  Installs in minutes.

    That is never good for me to know.

    At one point I was tasked with holding the front plate on, holding the back plate, and attaching a wire linking the 2.  Incredibly hard when you only have 2 hands.

    So I got Julia out to help.  After I experienced several frustrating attempts, she told me to go check on Jackie.

    When I got back, she had it almost figured out.  The 2 of us finally got it connected, installed, and working.

    45 minutes.

    The second lock seems to work fine, which I should have checked before ordering 2 of the expensive suckers.  And since I have had them for 5 or 6 months, I can't return them.  

    Curses.

    However, the lock is installed and it works.

    I aired up my bike tires and rode around the block, which is 2.5 miles.  It is the first time this year I have been on my bike.

    I made supper, steaks on the grill, and they were quite good.  I did not burn  them or over cook them.

    And I made a mojito that seems to be my best one of the summer.  OK, it is only the second one I have made, but it is very good.

    Throw in a Cubs win and it made for a very good day.

    The one drawback:  Julia repotted some plants on the patio.  She had a paper bag of plant debris.  I watered the patio plants and got the bottom of the bag wet.  

    Maybe the mojito clouded my judgement, but I thought I would take a shortcut through the house.

    Bad choice.



Peace and Love





No comments:

Post a Comment