Friday, July 26, 2024

should a

 Sometimes I make choices I don't like


    Today I was going to pick beans.  

    Instead, I watched most of the opening ceremony of the Olympics.

    I don't regret doing that, I just wish I had picked the beans.

    Tonight I watched the first almost 5 innings of the Cubs.  When it hit 6-0, a regretted not going out to pick the damn beans.

    I heard this today.

    A friend was working as a Democratic election judge in a precinct in Oregon, Il.

    She was sitting next to a Republican judge.

    A voter came in and was asked if they wanted a Republican or a Democratic ballot.

    The voter replied, "Republican.  Do I look like a Democrat?"

    The judges were both silent for a second, and then one said, "What does a Democrat look like?"

    The voter was stymied.

    And it was the Republican election judge who asked.

     Tomorrow, hell or high water, I am picking beans.

    Unless something else comes up.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment