Thursday, July 25, 2024

Wowser

 I had five things on my. to do list for today


    I did every one of them!

    I am as surprised an anyone!

    I mowed,  trimmed, spread dirt, added water and charged the golf cart and picked some beans.

    To be honest, I did not spend a lot of time picking beans.  I will have that to do tomorrow.

    Call it poor planning, but I set the automatic watering doodads to go off while I was picking....so I had to quit.

    Mowing was a bit of an adjustment today.

    I had a mulching mower.  But I had problems mowing the field, because it is weedier and the mower kept getting clogged.

    I had it converted back to a side discharge and the clogging seems to be a non issue.  But I do notice the just mowed grass.  I told Jackie I may get a tow behind grass picker upper at some point.  I tend to wait too long to mow, and then when I  do mow it leaves a lot of cut grass.

    My final act of the day was to make a mojito.

    Julia made supper while I finished up outside.  After supper I had a little to do still, like spreading dirt.

    The field, or Terry's Folly, has some huge ruts.  When I mow I almost bounce off the mower.  So I have been buying bags of dirt and trying to fill in the ruts.  Today I put 5 - 40 pound  bags and raked them down.  I still need more.

    I often wonder if anyone would mind if I took my yard cart down to the new home sites and grabbed some dirt from there.  Although it may be easier with bags than shoveling it into my cart and shoveling out when I get home.

    I am not looking forward to the temps going up.  I am totally housebound when the temps hit 90.  I can't believe people, who live in areas where it is 100+ for days on end.  It may be a dry heat, but it is still hot.

    That's my life.

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment