Saturday, March 25, 2023

yikes!

 That was quite the winter storm for us


    I think we had about 3 inches, but by noon it was almost all gone.  The big problem is the grass is so mushy!  I hate walking in it and Beth hates chasing the ball in it.

    Julia went east and said there was very little snow in DeKalb and hardly any in Aurora.  As Mr Torres would say, snow has to stop and start somewhere.

    This is not a storm for us.  But northwest of us, some spots had 18 inches with tree branches breaking and power lines down.  I am glad that was not us.

    Every time I go into the local meat market on a Saturday they have cooked ribs.  So I figured for supper, I would get ribs.  Got over there and .... no ribs today.

    Julia did her own thing for supper, so Jackie and I had hamburgers.  I went to the freezer downstairs and found some already cooked hamburgers left over from Jackie's birthday last year.

    I said I was going to have one, and make Jackie's fresh.  Julia looked at me like I was nuts.

    "It's a year old, Dad.  Throw it out."

    I countered with it was cooked and had been frozen, so it should be fine.

    She rolled her eyes and said, "Whatever.  It's your stomach."

    Now having doubts, I asked Jackie.  She expressed a little surprise.

    "You want to eat a hamburger that has been in the freezer for a year?"

    So I tossed it out.  There were actually 2, so they both got tossed.

    I erred on the side of caution, something I don't usually do with food.  I could Google it, but I am afraid of the answer.

    I have to admit, the fresh hamburger taskted pretty good.

    I guess I should check the freezer for more outdated food.

    Someone might not be there to speak reason next time.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment