Wednesday, March 15, 2023

wrong town

 Sometimes I think we live in the wrong town


    Rochelle is nice, but sometimes I wonder.

    Jackie had a doctor appointment in DeKalb today.   I have a doctor appointment in DeKalb tomorrow.  We both have a pedi appointment in Sycamore Friday.  Next Monday we have a vet appointment in DeKalb.

    That's a lot of driving.

    Plus, we go to church over there.  Let me rephrase that.  We are members of a church over there, but we have not attended in person since Covid, except for Christmas and Easter services.  Part of the issue is getting Jackie up and going in time to get to 10:30 service.  Well, me too.  I have been doing Zoom church, but I have even had problems getting to that.

    I know, we could find people in town to do some of those services.  But we have confidence in the people we are currently dealing with and don't really want to change.

    And I try to combine trips.  For example, tomorrow I intend to pick up my bike from the shop in Sycamore, stop at a home care giver's office, and maybe hit Lowe's.  I may also have one other stop to make, but I an not sure when that will be.

    It seems we do a lot of driving.  But we bought this van in August and we only have 5,500 miles on it, so we don't really drive alot.  It's just that all the trips seem to come at one time.

    I felt really good today.  I even went to the REC and got in a walk.  Jackie's cough is not as bad today, and she feels pretty good.

    So, things are looking up, health wise.

    While the temperatures were in the 50s today, it sure did not feel like it.  The wind gave me chills all day.  At least the snow is mostly melted.

    When I was walking at the REC the Kish girls' softball team was practicing.  I watched the pitcher and was pretty impressed.  She really hurled that ball!  I never realized how fast the pitching was.  I know would not have been able to hit it, even in my prime years.

    Hell, I had trouble hitting 16 inchers lobbed over the plate.

    Life goes on

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment