Wednesday, March 22, 2023

not me

Some things I am fine not experiencing 


    Like the newly discovered underground spider in Australia.  Its body is 1.5 to 2 inches.  Its body!  Throw on the 8 legs and it is an ginormous arachnid!  Seeing pictures of it makes me want to not close my eyes at night.

    Or  the beautiful blue ringed octopus.  It's not very big, but it is very venomous.  It looks smaller than the giant spider, and is a lot prettier.  But its venom is deadly, even to humans.

    Alligators.  I could never live in Florida.  I would be petrified of alligators.  I would hear them under my bed, in my closet, on my lanai, and in the back seat of my car.  I would be constantly looking over my shoulder, and would probably step on one right in front of me.

    (I finally know the difference between alligators and crocodiles.  I will see gators later, and crocodiles in a while.  Ok, you have to be familiar with 50s music to get that one.  Sorry.)

    Rope bridges between ridges in the mountains.  France and Switzerland have some as tourist sites, but I don't think I could cross one.  Julia said there is a glass bridge in China that at a certain point is programmed so it looks like the glass is cracking as you walk on it!  I would wet myself.

    Arizona.  I don't care if it is a beautiful state and Cubs do their spring training there.  It is probably the state with the most venomous creatures!  They also have the Sonoran desert toad, which is not venomous but it poisonous!  So, don't eat toads when in Arizona.

    I know some of my fears are unfounded, like an alligator in my back seat.  But I bet it has happened to somebody who never thought it would happen to them.

    Better safe than sorry.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment