Friday, March 24, 2023

ah geez

 I am really tired tonight


    We got up early so I could help Julia move a table she wanted to buy at an estate sale.  She got there at 9, but the table was light enough that she didn't need me.

    However, when we got home Emily expressed interest in a metal arbor that was at the sale.  I said I was not interested, but since Emily was we went back to buy that.

    The arbor was 46 inches wide across the middle.  My van is 47 inches wide.  So most of the arbor made it into the van.  The top part of the arbor was pretty wide, so we bungeed it all in place and drove home with the tailgate open and the flashers on.

    It is a nice arbor.  

    All week I have been telling Julia and Jackie we were leaving at 2 today to meet with an accountant on our taxes.  Because of one or two investments my mother left me, the tax filing is best left to someone who knows how to do it correctly.

    At 1 I made Jackie's lunch and planned to sit down for a while, maybe close my eyes, and then go the meeting.

    My eye wandered over to the calendar and in clear letters it says "2 p.m.  Taxes."

    I did it again.  Jt takes about 45 minutes to get to him, so no lunch for Jackie, no nap for me, no time to waste.

    Realize it takes a long time to get Jackie into a car.  So at 69 minutes, we were pushing it.

    But we made it.  Walked into the office at 1:56.

    In the middle of the meeting I got a call, but did not answer.  By the time the meeting was over, I had forgotten the call.  But Linda called me again and said someone was interested in buying one of my items at Pickin Station, but there was no price.  I called the shop, but the person had already left.  

    I should have filled the van up before leaving.  But I did not.  It got pretty low, and the trip estimator said I had a range of 98 miles when I left Rockford.  I am beginning to doubt the accuracy of that, because my range was 89 miles when we pulled in for gas in Rochelle.

    So, I am tired, physically and especially mentally.  And I have a feeling the weather tomorrow is not going to improve my attitude.

    Hopefully this rather strong hot toddy will help me sleep, althought I really have slept better since the time change.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment