Monday, March 6, 2023

sleep.....sleep....where are you

 Last night was a terrible night


    Oh, no.  Another cold update.

    You are right.

    Jackie feels terrible...congested coughing, really tired.

    I put her to bed at 10 last night.  I was really tired myself, and looked forward to a long sleep.

    At 10:10 she said she was suffocating and needed to sit up.  We sat up.  Then she said to take her to her chair, so I took her to her chair.

    After about 30 minutes she wanted to go back to bed, so I took her back to bed where  she felt trapped and wanted to go back to her chair.

    I took her back to her chair.  Finally, she said take me back to bed.  I took her to bed, and within 5 minutes she was anxious and restless.   So I said, in a not calm voice, it's almost midnight.  I can barely stand.  I have put you in bed four times so either stay in bed or stay in your chair.

    She opted for the chair.

    I know, I should have been more empathetic.  But it is not easy lifting her, not to mention when I am exhausted and the possibility her being drop iincreases.

    I got up several times during the night and she was awake every time, coughing, sneezing, blowing her nose. 

    I don't know if the cold capsules I gave her caused it, or wether it is just the cold and not being able to breathe.

    She said she did not sleep at all, and I believe her.

    Today she did take a nap, so did I, but I think it is going to be a long night.  I hope she just decides to stay in her chair, where her head can be up and maybe she can breathe better.

    Putting Vick's on her to help with congestion, but I am NOT giving her the capsules I gave her last night.

    The bright note is . ..  3 days accident free.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment