Tuesday, March 7, 2023

winter still here?

 I thought maybe winter was over


    But there is a winter storm watch for counties west and north of us....I just hope it does not move in our direction.

    Siri says it is 36 outside and I am freezing.  No, I don't have a temperature, but I am cold. 

    We slept well most of the night.  Jackie got me up at 5 to move her to her chair.  I went back to sleep and never heard Julia come in, get the dog out of the kennel, take her outside, then bring her back into the kennel.  

    But I did hear Jackie calling  me at about 9 a.m.  So, I slept well.  She also went to sleep in her chair, so she had a better night.  Sleep and fluids are important in getting over a cold and I keep pushing her to drink more.

    Took my bike to DeKalb for a tune up....ended up going to Sycamore instead because no one answered the phone at the DeKalb shop, the answering machine did not kick on, and the shop was dark when I stopped.  Now I wonder if they are out of business.

    I had to stop at a drug store in DeKalb for some medical supplies for Jackie.  I had a mask on because of my cold.  As I was leaving the store I heard a voice ask, "Is that Terry Dickow?"  I told her it was, but while she was familiar, I had forgotten her name.  She told me and then we engaged in some small talk about the upcoming school board elections.

    My concern is that there are some candidates that are pretty far right in their beliefs.  I sure don't want them dictating their radical approaches to our teachers and administrators.

    Problem is, I don't know enough about all the candidates....just a few.

    We have now gone 4 days without an accident.


Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment