Thursday, March 2, 2023

batten down the hatches?

 Will we get a winter storm or not?


    It seems the area south of us will have more snow.  We will have rain, or a mix.  Or maybe nothing.  Or ice

    Weather is a strange dude, eh?

    Tom Skilling of WGN said the models were pretty much equally divided on the snow/no snow issue, but the storm could shift overnight and change everything.

    I am going to get Beth tomorrow morning.

    She came through her spaying experience strong, and we are looking forward to having her back in our house.  

    I had a strange experience yesterday.

    I stopped at a bakery in Dixon.  I won't mention the name.

    It looked dark, but the lights were on in back and there was no closing hour posted for the weekday, just Saturday.

    So I tried the door.  It was open.  I walked in.

    It was as quiet as a mousse.  (A little dessert humor.)

    I yelled hello, nobody answered   I yelled again, a little louder.  Nobody answered.

    At this point I wondered if I should find a policeman.  Maybe they are closed and forgot to lock the door.

    So I yelled one more time, very loudly, "Is anybody here?"

    A voice came from the bathroom:  "We close at 2."

    It was now about 3:30.

    So I yelled, "Ok.  Sorry." and left.

    I could have helped myself to the delicious looking cinnamon rolls on the counter, but I did not.

    But I thought, what were they thinking?  I am an honest person, but there are plenty of jerks around who could have had the run of the place while the person was in the bathroom.

    Lock your doors, people.  Lock your house doors, your car doors, your business doors.....be safe.  

    I was really hungry for some cupcakes too.  Damn it.

    Cold is approaching the end lf day 6.  I actually started feeling bad during our Exit 99 meeting last week and I hope I did not infect any of them.  

    Still have a cough.  Still tired.  

    But we all have our problems, eh?

    Hope yours get solved in your best interest.

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment