Friday, January 13, 2023

trimmed up

 I got a hair cut today


    I know...so many times I have said "I got my hairs cut" and thought it was funny.  But I will stick with hair as a collective noun and not a singular.

    What bugs me is the hair in my ears and nose grows faster than the hair on my head.  But at least I still have hair, as thin as it is.

    Speaking of thin.....I am not!  I got on the scale last week and I think I was at  my highest weight ever.  It was a Christmas filled with cookies and candy.

    But I am trying.  I went walking today, again, my third time this week.  I do a mile at a time.

    I am thinking if I lose an eighth of a pound every time I walk, then in 3 weeks I will have lost a pound.  I need to walk about 35 weeks to lose the weight I need to lose.

    Hell, might as well give up now.

    Of course biking season will soon be here and if I ride regularly that will help.  But I do have to ride more than last year, which was pathetic.

    I could also cut down on the food I eat, but I need to be realistic.  Realistic means I won't cut down eating, won't walk 30 weeks, won't bike 400 miles. and I won't lose 10 pounds.

    But, and there is always a big butt,  I am going to try.

    There were several people walking today.  Most of us were over 70.  The exception was young Chris who passed me three times.

    I started laughing because all of us old folks are going in circles and I think maybe God is sitting up in heaven watching us go around and around, much like we watch hamsters going around and around on their wheel.  For some reason, I thought it was funny.

    Also watched Glass Onion on Netflix.  That was a pretty good movie, a little hard to follow in the beginning, but good.  I just can't get used to Daniel Craig doing a Southern accent.  It is off putting.

    I still give it a thumbs up.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment