Saturday, January 7, 2023

ends and odds

Lots of thoughts running through my mind 


    Christmas decorations are coming down.  Slowly.  I hate to see the lights go dark.

    We have a lot of knick knacky type stuff.  Most  of it is Christmas related but some are snowmen.  I told Jackie we should leave the snowmen stuff out, because the winter is not over.

    Then we pack it all in one or two tubs and then we can put it out after Christmas, leaving more room and flexibility for our Christmas stuff.  The jury is out.

    We don't have enough electrical outlets.

    I think the standard for how many outlets a house has needs to be updated. 

    For example:  We have two outlets behind our bed.  We have two lamps, a weather radio, charging station for our cell phones, our land line,  and Siri.  That is 5, but we only have 4 outlets.

    Same behind our couch.  Two outlets.  Jackie's chair plugs in, plus two lamps, Siri, our land line and that is 5 for 4 outlets. 

    Behind our tv we have one two plug outlet.  But, the tv, cable box, sound bar, and dvd player all plug in.  See the problem?   Modern houses need more outlets.

    I am still organizing our pantry.   I started before Christmas.  I think I have an idea that will be better than what we are doing now.  

    Why don't I get a variety of birds at my feeders?  I have saffflower seed, thistle, a mix, a sunflower feeder and two suet feeders.  All I seem to get are sparrows.  And crows.  I'd love to see a cardinal or oriole. 

    Everytime we get a service person in the basement or garage, I apologize for the mess.  I do get embarrassed  just not enough to get rid of stuff.

    I miss snow.  Just doesn't seem like winter.

Peace and Love






No comments:

Post a Comment