Tuesday, January 17, 2023

go figure

 I spent the last two days flummoxed


    Yes, I am goingto talk about my train tree, again.

    Many of the engines look the same.  They are mostly black, with wheels.

    So when I put them away, I try my darndest to get the right piece in the right box.

    Two nights ago I had an engine and a box that did not match.

    So, I went through and double checked all the engines.  I actually found two more in the wrong boxes, but at the end, I still had an engine and a box that did not match.

    Last night I went through them again.  I ended up with an engine and a box that did not match.

    Now, most people would say the heck with it.  But I am a little OC on some things.  For example, I always check our doors at night.  Twice.  Sometimes three times.

    Once, when I was teaching, I got halfway home and thought I did not lock the gym door.  So I went back to school and found that I did lock the door.  So I got back in the car, got half way home and thought:  what if I unlocked the gm door when I went back.  So I turned around again.  It was still locked.

    That's why I wanted to be sure the parts were all in the same box.  I went through them all again today and still had a box and engine that did not match.

    I gave up.

    I started putting them into a storage container and the third package I picked up was......you guessed it, the package for the engine.  Inside that box was the wrong engine.  Now, I checked 3 times and it was just serendipity that led to the fourth check.

    The parts are  now all packed away, in the correct boxes, and stored in the basement.

    I have also noticed we have more boxes of Christmas stuff than we used to have.  The stuff multiplies.

    This year I convinced Jackie to leave out the snowmen decorations because they are winter, which we should be having but are not, yet.

    Speaking of that, usually at this time of the year I get so tired of the snow, and cold, and anxious for spring training to start.  We have not had a major snow, and pitchers and catchers report in about 4 weeks.

    Mother Nature is not happy with us.

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment