Saturday, January 14, 2023

Old friends

We went to a social gathering tonight


    The theatere group had its culminating event, and Jackie and I went.

    It was the first time in a long while we met with a large group of people in a social event.

    It felt real good.

    Of course, I called someone by the wrong name.  It is Sarah.  Not Cheryl.  And no,  that is not the first time I called her the wrong name.  I believe I called her Cheryl last time too......but next time I see her, I will call her Sarah.  Book it!

    Each table played a game.  3 clues were given about a show, and the table had to come up with the correct name.  Our table got 22 of 25 correct, by far the most.  Of course, I think our table has been involved in almost every show, so we had an advantage.  TC  said one of the clues matched a show I was in....but I did not remember that show at all.  I should make a list of all the shows I have been in, if I can remember them.  Can't remember names, so that should be a challenge.

    When we got home I turned onto a football game. 

    Now, I don't remember who was supposed to be playing, so I was watching a Miami vs Buffalo game, played in Buffalo.  It was in the third quarter, which I thought was strange because it was already 9:30 here so it would be 10:30 there.

    I watched while folding towels.  It was an interesting game.  At the start of the fourth quarter, they went over the upcoming schedules, including one team's  Monday night game with Green Bay.

    I was watching a replay.

    What got me was, I clicked on the guide and it said it was live!  Otherwise I would not have watched it.

    I just wanted to see how SanFrancisco did  today.  Normally, I would not care.  But the fact that the last player drafted in the NFL draft is their starting quarterback is a fascinating story to me.  He went from Iowa State last fall to the NFL playoffs.  What an amazing trip.

    SanFran won.  Another step forward.

    And another day done.

Peace and Love


 

No comments:

Post a Comment