Monday, January 16, 2023

just thoughts

The answer is blowin in the wind 


    When I walk at the REC, I listen to a Bob Dylan album.  Or whatever it is called these days.

    I always listen attentively to the lyrics of The Answer is Blowing in the Wind and wish the world knew.

    Lyrics like, "How many years can a people exist before they're allowed to be free?" or "how many ears does one person need before he can hear people cry?"

    The answer has been blowing in the wind.  For centuries.

    During the 60s and 70s I honestly thought we would get the answers.  Dr. Martin Luther King certainly caused us to think about civil rights, peace, equality, and justice.

    Yet here we are, 60 years later, still asking the same question:  "How many years can a people exist before they're allowed to be free?"

    The 60s and most of the 70s were the peace and love generation.  What happened?  How did we all close our eyes to the injustices in our world?  Why  have we cso many of us closed our hearts to love?  And whatever happened to the concept of peace?

    The sad thing....I don't see the amount of progress I thought I would see.  

    It's an imperfect world, but it doesn't have to be.  We can do better.

Peace and Love






No comments:

Post a Comment