Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Well I'll be

 I had some errands to do in Rockford today


    I made four stops and told Jackie I would be home ASAP.  Meanwhile, Julia was around if there were any major issues.....like dropping the tv remote on the floor or someone at the door.

    After my last stop, I decided I was doing so well on time I would hit the Starbucks on State Street.

    I knew my card had to be reloaded, so I stepped up to the counter and told them to please put money on the card.

    Suddenly a voice said, "If I had known you were putting money on your card you could have paid for mine"

    I looked and it was John, a relative of a VCCT friend.  He and his wife Dolly were in Rockford for errands.

    What makes this weird is I usually run into them at a Starbucks in Sycamore!  I could not believe they were there the same time I was.

    So we sat outside and talked for a while.  It was a good visit.

    But just o show how small the world is, they go to a health care practitioner who is a former student of mine.

    By the time I got home it was near supper time, so I opted to wait until after supper to mow our lot.  I still have to trim and clean up the sidewalk from yesterday.

    I am a terrible mower.  The grass always looks uneven and I always leave tire marks when I turn.  I think I wait too long to mow, then try to cut it short.  It doesn't work.

    I finished my lot just now.....like a damn roller coaster.  There are some huge ruts.....may have to work on filling them so it's a little smoother, although it won't be by much.

    Yesterday I went to pick up my repaired hearing aid.  All the way over I was feeling poorly, but on the way home I felt great!  Headache gone, wooziness gone, queasiness gone....maybe it was the weather.

    I am just happen I am "normal" today.

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment