Thursday, April 4, 2024

winner, winner

 No, I did not win the lottery


    But Jackie won big at bingo tonight!

    Tonight was small business bingo at the Flight Deck.  The event was first organized by a lady, Ashley Patrick, who wanted to make a difference in the community.

    So she organized the bingo nights.

    People pay $15 to play.  Each player gets 10 bingo sheets, each sheet has 3 games.  Local merchants donate prizes.

    All the money goes to local groups.  For example, tonight the proceeds went to the Rochelle Area Community Foundation and The Kitchen Table, which is a pay what you want dining facility.

    Being on the Foundation board, Jackie and I opted to attend.  Jen K. got a table and we were joined by Sheri, Julia, Kevin, Joy and 2 of Jen's friends.    Names again.  Ashley and ......... ?

    We played a variety of games, including regular bingo, four corners, X, and some picture frame games.  I believe Jackie won on the 4 corners game.

    We got a box of delicious chocolate chip mega cookies made by a local business.

    That was a great prize and I am sure I will devour it within days.  But Jackie will get some, I hope.

    Anyway, that was the highlight of the day for me.  

    Yes, there were people there we knew.  Of course, I got Haley and Kelsey mixed up, again, but I recognized Kelly!  And I even said hello to their friend and partner, who wasn't even there!  

     I tell ya, names are just a battle for me.

    I let the dog out just before we left home.  

    Now, Beth can open the front door by pushing on it.  She often does that and I just go and close the door.

    Julia said she was downstairs after we left and could smell fresh air.  She came upstairs and the front door was wide open and the house was cold.

    Yes, I forgot I let Beth out.  Luckily she can come in the door and luckily Julia was home.  

    But I fear the day I leave and Julia is not home.  Jackie will freeze by the time I got back to shut the front door. 

    If only Beth could learn to close it after opening.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment