Friday, April 12, 2024

late night

I had a late night Friday 


    Emily and I went to see Pretty Woman - the Musical at the Coronado Theater in Rockford.

    The show started at 8 and ended about 10:30.  By the time I got home the Cubs had already lost and Jackie was ready to go to bed.

    I thought the show was pretty good, considering making a play out of the movie had to bet a big challenge.  It was a little sexy, because Vivian was a prostitute.  Hard to put her in a nun's habit with that job.

    The Coronado season is over and the next season has not been announced.  In a way it's nice, because the theater is close.  But the shows are only 1 night, so if you are busy that night you are out of luck.

    I am a little excited because the Paramount in Aurora is building a new theater and Million Dollar Quartet will be there sometime this summer.  I saw that in Chicago and it was a great show.  I can't wait to see it again. That show is about one magical night in Sun Records studio where Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, Elvis and oh my gosh I am tired and forgot the fourth guy did a session together.  The show has great music and great talent when I saw it.  Carl Perkins.  He was the fourth guy.

    I guess I could edit all that stuff out...but I won't

    Anyway.......I digress.

    I always focus on one character in a non starring role and tonight the hotel bellhop seemed to be my favorite......not counting the blond in the red bikini outfit.  He was very funny in a non vocal way and he could really move on stage. he received a huge ovation  on the curtain call.

    That's my day.

    Thanks, Emily, for taking the old man out for the night!

Peace and Love

    






No comments:

Post a Comment