Wednesday, April 24, 2024

what next

 Things are getting ship shape here


    I was taking care of Jackie when Beth started barking like crazy.  Julia came up and saw a man at the door.  She came and got me.

`I opened the door and there was a guy standing there with a shirt that had RAYNOR in huge letters.

    "Can I help you?"  I asked.

    "I'm here for your garage door." he replied.

    Of course!!  Why else would a guy be at my door wearing a shirt from the company that is fixing my garage door!  Call me oblivious to the obvious.

    Making a long story short, as he came in the garage and surveyed the damage he said, "Golf cart, eh?"

    I must be the talk of the office.  And the neighborhood.

    I was pleasantly surprised when he gave me the bill and it was about $600.  I expected it to be at least twice that, so I am counting it as a win.

    So this week:  new utility sink installed, utility room door trim back in place, garage door fixed, lawn fertilized........ a productive week.

    The Rochelle Area Community Foundation had its check presentation program tonight.  The director provided all the speakers with a script.

    Of course, half way through mine I lost my place and just vocally wandered around the page.  I think I hit all the important points, but I am not sure.  

    Foundation grants awarded this year totaled about $100,000.  That is truly amazing.  

    I always favor the grants for agencies providing services for abused children, domestic violent centers, food relief agencies and homeless shelters.

    The needs for all those services are growing, not only in Rochelle but all over.

    If you can, find an agency near you and support it.

    We all can make a difference.

Peace and Love




No comments:

Post a Comment