Thursday, May 18, 2023

sad times

 Emily had to put a dog down today


    One of her greyhounds, Tesla, had bone cancer.  She was diagnosed last week, I believe, so Emily has babied and coddled her for the past week.  I don't think the dog had ever eaten so much good food!

    She did not want Tesla to suffer, so she made the difficult decision, but I think it was the right decision.  Tesla's bones were getting weak and if she fell, she could have broken a leg or even her back.  That would have made  the suffering worse.

     No segue on this one.

    Jackie and I had some blood tests today. 

    The lady who took mine asked if I taught at Tilton School.  I told her yes.  She said she went to Central but had heard of me.  I should have asked what she had heard, but I didn't.

    She did a nice job poking my arm and drawing out 8 gallons of blood.  It seemed like 8 gallons.

    Aside from that, the day was pretty low key.  I don't know where the time went.  Jackie had a library board meeting that we didn't get home from until almost 9 p.m.. which is very unusual.

    I did absolutely nothing, except read on the porch.  And I mide a list of 5 tasks to get done tomorrow.

    We'll see how that goes.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment