Saturday, May 20, 2023

frustrated

 I admit, I am stubborn as well as cheap


    That is why I spent hours over 2 days  trying to disconnect my two hoses.  I finally decided to leave them and use them the way they were.

    I planted more plants again today.  I wanted to water them.  I got out my soaker hose, (which it turns out was not my soaker hose, but it didn't matter) and tried to attach it to the hose I had come to hate with a deep loathing.

    It would not connect.  I tried, and tried, and tried.  I had to go into the house for a minute and while I was in, Julia put them together.  But when I turned the water on, it sprayed  mightily from the connection.

    So I took the soaker hose off and carefully looked at the hated hose end.  It was not completely round.  It was bent out of shape.  So was I.

    My frustration started this morning when I went to the plant sale in Creston.  I wanted some geum, I think that is how it is spelled.  Commonly it is called prairie smoke.  It is a beautiful native.

    But they did not have any!  They supply to a lot of landscapers and wholesalers and the plant is very popular. 

    I did leave with a variety of plants that are now in the ground somewhere.

     I did watch the first inning of the Cubs game......that was enough. 

    Julia had ordered supper from a local Mexican restaurant, so I went to pick it up.  On the way, I stopped at Ace and bought a new hose.

    I get Ace coupons all the time.  But could I find mine?  NOOOOOOOOoooooooo!

    I told the girl at the check out that I had coupons someplace  and she said if I spent 1 cent more, she would give me a $5 coupon.  So I bought some Junior Mints.

    Supper was good.  The hose works fine.  My new plants are getting watered.

    But my pole sprinkler is still not working.  Not sure what the problem is, but the water just dribbles out.  I have checked for blockages, reconnected the hose, run the hose without the pole....all checks out.  But it does not spurt water.

   It was just one of those days. Even my antidepressants (Jimmy Buffett and an iced latte) have not helped!

Peace and Love



Prairie smoke



Grazing in the grass

I have no idea what this plant is called.

Finally






No comments:

Post a Comment