Monday, May 15, 2023

GaaHH!! OoooH!

Life is full of surprses and frustrations

    Today, for instance.

    I have several hoses and a hose reel.  But for some reason, the hose that connects the reel to the outside faucet twists up when I reel the hose up.  It has never done that before.  I am guessing I have a loose nut someplace, so tomorrow I will try to find it.

    That's a frustration.

    I have a couple of hoses I can not get apart.  They seem fused together.  I have tried pliers, WD 40, and straining my weak muscles, but they just don't unscrew from each other. 

    That's a frestration.

    Today I potted some of the plants I bought the other day.  I did not finish because I just got tired.

    But I went to water some of the ones I potted.

    I bent over to get the green, plastic watering can that was on its side in the driveway.  (I know, I should put stuff away.  But I am 75 and have been like that forever.)

    Digression:   Beth caught a baby   rabbit the other night.  She had it in her mouth, but I grabbed her collar and she let go and the rabbit hopped off.  

    Reason for the digression:  I picked up the watering can and it seemed heavy.  I looked in it and.....there was a baby rabbit!  Same one?  I don't know.  How long was it in the can?  I don't know.  Where's the mama?  I don't know.  What is the square root of 5?  I don't know and I don't care.

    Anyway, I showed Julia and Jackie the baby and then let it go in my wildflower garden.

    It took off in a flash, so I assume it was fine.

    That was a surprise.

    Another surprise:  Friends came over for a visit and brought us a plant and some caramel popcorn.  I may have eaten too much of the popcorn.

    Final  surprise:  Cubs tied the Astros on a home run by Morell.  I hope they can put this one in the win column.

Peace and Love


Jackie got two hanging baskets from the girls


Jackie's bridal wreath is really blooming this year

Isn't it cute??



No comments:

Post a Comment