Sunday, August 2, 2020

day......yum 2.0.....day 142

Focus....Focus....I have to focus

     I really need to focus.
     I made a nice dinner tonight....steak, potato with green pepper on the grill, grilled zucchini, and a great salad.
     Partially great.
     Earlier this week I made the mistake of eating a piece of Corki's food because I thought it was a crouton.
     I will not make that mistake again.
     I had the salads prepared, the potato/pepper mix on the grill, the steaks seasoned and ready to go.
     Then I made Corki's food.
      I carefully placed my salad away from where Corki's food was being prepared. I put cut up carrots in her bowl, mashed up some green beans, slipped in a vitamin and went into the pantry to get a fish oil soft tab, which I always crumble up to top off her food.
     Focus.
     I walked right over to the food area, crumbled up the fish oil, and put it on my salad!  Seriously,..what the hell is wrong with me?
     Yesterday I was doing dishes when I noticed some dust on the floor.  I got the vac out to do the floor and figured I should dust the coffee and end tables. I never finished the dishes or the dusting or the floors before starting yet another job!
     Focus. 
     Eventually I finished all of them, but I had a very frustrated feeling about myself.
     I guess in the end as long as the stuff gets finished, it doesn't matter what order I work.
     But it does matter what I put on my food.
     I scraped off as much as I could and then ate the salad.  It did taste a little fishy, but I had too much work in it to just toss it.
     Focus.
     Stay healthy.  Stay safe.  Mask it or casket.
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment