Friday, August 28, 2020

day......Nachusa.......167

 I spent some time out on the prairie today


    I took a drive out to Nachusa Grasslands, a Nature Conservancy project located just a few miles west of us.

    They have bison.  Not buffalo, which are a similar animal in Africa and Asia, but North American bison.  Beautiful animals.  Huge.  Majestic.  A symbol of the great West of the United States.

    Just don't get too close, because they will gore you.

    At Nachusa, they are held in place by an electric fence.  I have not touched it, but I am guessing it is pretty strong.

    Anyway, also had coffee at Cypress House, signed up for membership at our new rec center, and had a great time visiting with SK over pizza and wine.

    My only regret...I wish I had worn a hat at Nachusa.  It was hot.

    Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  Mask it or casket.

Peace and Love

Watering hole was popular today!



What a monster!!


No comments:

Post a Comment