Thursday, January 31, 2019

the end

I love listening to the Beatles

     And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.......
     Ringo is awesome on the drums on that song, appropriately titled, The End.
I believe it is the last Beatles song recorded.  I may be wrong, but that is what I do believe.  I think I heard that somewhere, but my facts sometimes get confused.
     I often take their music for granted.  I often forget they were not together that long, less than 10 years.  I get reminded of that from time to time on the Beatles channel on Sirius.  Once they played the top 75 songs of the Beatles from 1965 to 1969.....think of that!  75 songs in a 4 year period!  That is freaking amazing.
     They are the Greatest Band of All Time, in my humble opinion.
     So this is my new bucket list item.
     I want to go to Liverpool.  I want to walk down Penny Lane, see the barber shop, visit Paul's house, walk across the crosswalk they do on the Abbey Road cover.  I want to stop in a pub and have some fish and chips and hope that Paul wanders in, or maybe Ringo.  They would nod, say hello, and visit with me for a few moments.
     When they broke up, I was sad, but honestly, I did not comprehend the impact they would have in the music world.
     Now I do.  It's not to late to try to revisit it.
     So, Liverpool goes on the list and maybe I will couple it with a barge/biking tour in France. 
     Time will tell.
     Love and Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment