Monday, January 7, 2019

off we go

I  booked tickets for our trip to Julia's today

     I had hoped to use miles, but I did not have enough.  I would have had to book my ticket, buy miles, then book Jackie's ticket.  I was afraid to do that.
     Here's how times have changed.
     When we first went to Julia's, back in 2002, we went to a travel agent.  She looked up fares and found us the best flight.  She did the booking, got the tickets, and all the rest.
     Now I can sit down and search several sites, finding the lowest fare with just a couple of clicks.  I don't even leave the house.
     But I don't like change.  We have flown three airlines to Switzerland and when the United guy suggested some other airlines with less expensive fares, I balked.
     So I went on line and booked our tickets myself.
     But it isn't always easy.  I hit the wrong button and had to start over.  I hit the back button and had to start over.  I eventually got booked, but we spent over an hour on the phone with United and on the computer before getting tickets.
     Jackie thinks I am crazy for wanting to book so early, but I know what happens if I wait.....the seats and flights I want will be filled.
     And my credit card company messaged me immediately to see if I had in fact booked two tickets.  I had just hit the pay button when I got the e-mail.
     I will never understand how all this works. 
     I especially don't understand the mileage thing...there are too many restrictions for an occasional traveller like me.
     I also had a dental appointment today because I had a cavity.  I went into the office and there were two other people there.  I asked the  receptionist, "Will they hear me scream?"  She laughed   Little does she know.
     But the tooth was numbed, I survived, although for a couple of hours I slurred words and might have drooled a little.
     Tonight I celebrated with a hot chocolate and a little Rum Chata.....nice, mellow music on WNIJ...and I am getting very relaxed.
     Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment