Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2019 already?

I am very surprised it is 2019

     Mainly because it just seems like 2017 has started.
     Where did the time go?
     My resolutions never seem to change:  smaller portions, less sugar, more exercise.
     Actually, I did a lot of walking to day.  Mainly from the computer to the fridge to the cookie box, but it was a lot of walking.
     I didn't exactly have lunch, since I woke up at 10:30.  I didn't get to bed until 3, so I did get almost 7 hours sleep.  Let's say I had a late lunch.  Like 3 ish or so.
     I did watch the remainder of the Rose Bowl Parade.  I have never seen a float catch fire and become immovable.  Kind of an anti-climatic end to the parade.
     This is a blog birthday.  My first entry was Jan. 1, 2014.  Can you believe that?  This is post 1,783 and nearly 150,000 visits have been made to my blog page.
     I think my earlier posts were funnier, mainly because I told about all the funny stuff early on.
     And after all those posts, I have made a little money off the writing.      According to the pros running the site, I have earned $78.12 in revenue.  They don't issue a check until it hits $100, otherwise I would invest all that money in lottery tickets.

     Here goes:  Resolutions for 2019
watch sugar intake
eat smaller portions
exercise more
go through dad's photos in basement
finish revising my book
find an agent
root, root, root for the Cubbies
make it to 2020
less solitaire
more reading

     This will be a year of challenges for all of us.  Be strong.  Be brave.  Be good.  Don't let life pass you by (my words of wisdom to anyone younger than me).
     Be involved.  Be a part of the solution.
     Enough sermonizing.
     Better get to bed....long day  tomorrow.
     Peace and Love and a Happy New Year to all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment