Friday, February 1, 2019

winter wonderland

I took a walk again today

      Strapped on my snowshoes and gaiters and off I went.  The gaiters are really good....they keep my pants dry from the knee down.  And I needed it, because a couple of times I was almost knee deep in snow.
      I get the concept of cabin fever.  I needed to get out and do something today.  It was cold, only about 17, but there was no wind.  I had planned to go for an hour and left the house about 3:30.  I came back home at about 5:30......cold, but not frozen.
      I think the exercise will make me tired when I go to bed.  Heavens knows, last night was brutal with her cough and a nightmare about life in a futuristic world in which people blindly believed their leaders and did exactly as they were told.  It really jarred me awake at about 6 and I could not get back to sleep.  I might have gotten 5 hours of sleep, maybe tonight I will hit the pillow and drift away to a happy dreamland.
     It was very quiet out there, I could actually hear birds and not much else.  I really enjoyed the quiet time.
     Here are some of the sights I saw:

Bigfoot



Snow home?

Wonder what critter was grilling



No comments:

Post a Comment