Monday, January 14, 2019

am I awake?

I had a strange sleep experience last night

     I took a nap during the day.  When I went to bed at 11, I was not tired.  I did not want to stay up, so I just laid in bed.  (Lied in bed?  I told the truth.  Lay in bed?  Maybe.)
     I was awake.  Or so I thought.
     I am putting together a slide show on my travels.  As I was in bed, (I think I will avoid the lie, lay, lieing, laid issue for now) I dept thinking of places we had been.
     I was fixated on a town we visited in Italy.  We stayed in a huge villa, that was black.  It was on the water.  Lots of walkways and porticoes around to give it a very strange appearance.
     There were boats in the water, and we used one to go from one side of the lagoon to the other.
     I was awake, wondering what the name of the town was.
     And then it hit me......I had never been to such a place in my life!  I asked Jackie about it this morning, and she looked at me like I was nuts.
     Here are my questions:
          Was I really asleep, and dreaming I was awake?
          Was I hallucinating due to a lack of sleep?
          Was I day dreaming?
           Is this the first step toward total insanity?
          Will I now be living in two worlds, the real one and the one I think I live in?
     What I thought was weird was...... I really want to go find this place.
     So, if anyone knows a resort/villa/hotel that is Moorish looking in nature and all black, somewhere in Italy, on the water, let me know.  I'd like to go visit there again, for the first time.
     Peace and Love and good dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment