Friday, August 31, 2018

learning something every day

Sometimes I just do an ooops

     I took a lot of pictures on vacation this summer.
     I downloaded them from my good camera...something like 1,200 pictures.
     Then I spent considerable time weeding out about 400 pictures, editing them out on the computer.
     The other day I plugged in my camera to download some pictures.  I had not deleted the files on the camera after I downloaded them to the computer.
     So the computer read the files and downloaded the 400 pictures I had deleted.
     Kinda stresses me out a little when I do stuff like that!
     Now I have to start over.  
     It's really hard for me to make decisions on pictures.  I love all of them.
     But I have resolved to get these into a book I can look at someday and even show people, asking them, "Who are these people?"
     True story.  (Not that all my stories aren't true.  But this one is really true.)
     After my mom died, I ended up with all the pictures she had taken.  
     I went through them, looking at people who she knew but I didn't.  She had marked most of them on the back.
     There was one picture of a nice looking older gent standing in front of her house in Leisure Village in Fox Lake.
     On the back she had written:  "Who the hell is this?"
     I always laugh when I think of her pictures.
    She also had a tendency to take pictures but either cut off people at their noses or foreheads....so you had pictures of people with partial faces.  Sometimes they did not have heads at all.
     I miss those days.
     Tomorrow I have to try to figure out what is causing that extremely strange smell in my garage.
    Good night....sleep tight....don't let your memories bring fright.


No comments:

Post a Comment