Friday, August 24, 2018

game on

Hey Hey, no doubt about it!

     I know, some of you are not Cubs fans.  We can discuss your state of mental health some other time.
     Was at a great game today along with John, Dan and Linda.  .  Excellent pitching from a kid called up from the minors, clutch hitting by Murphy who homered in the eighth and a super at bat from Bote, who homered in the bottom of the tenth to win it.  Bote may be a rookie, buy he will forever be etched in the memory of  Cubs' fans.
     On the way home I decided to get a chicken snack.  Got the snack, was in the car, decided to check messages and saw I had one from Jackie.
     I called.  She relayed a story of someone who was followed out of Wally world and then followed home, by people in a white van.
     She was worried because Emily worked until 9.  She asked me to make sure Emily got to the car safely.
     I was hungry.  So I drove back to Wally world and sat in the parking lot, eating my two piece chicken snack.  No fork for the macaroni salad, but the chicken was good.
     Then I went in and talked to Emily.
     Now, supposedly this following out to the car thing has happened twice.  But Emily was not very concerned.  No one had reported it to the police.  No one had reported it to the county sheriff.  No one had said anything to store management.
     She assured me she was safe.  Besides, she could always call John, but I said I was already there.
     I assured her life would be hell for me when I got home and had not made sure she made it to her car.
     I had 25 minutes to kill, so I wandered the store looking for a step ladder.  I did not like what I found.  So I did the next most logical thing....went back to the place I got the chicken and ordered  mint chocolate chip ice cream in a cone, one scoop.
     Then I went back to the parking lot, ate ice cream, listened to the radio,  and watched Emily walk safely to her car.
     Every one's happy.
    Now, for some pictures:

Chicago's city hall....like a castle



Had a Pub burger at the special food court.....two patties, roasted tomato, whipped cheddar and onion rings on a pretzel bun......best meal of the year at Wrigley!

Shot through the elephant gate


When you are special, you get to pose by this iconic spot

Reds' bullpen can see out, we can't see in


Bote getting doused when crossing the plate



This sign is on a building.......I have no idea why.  Lots of people here of varying backgrounds.  Anyone have any idea?

That's the building.
So much for my day as baseball fan, food fanatic, and paranoid parent.
Peace to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment