Tuesday, August 7, 2018

tooo much

My pantry has exploded

     Emily and John returned from a trip to Canada yesterday.
     For those who don't know, Canada is a country located just north of the United States.  They are  not building a wall to keep us out, although it might be a good idea.
     They brought back some Canadian goodies.
     Tim Horton dough nut holes.  These are really delicious when fresh, but have a tendency to sit on your stomach when not so fresh.  So I had to eat them quickly.
     I also got some maple syrup.  I realized we have not had pancakes for a while, so the syrup might inspire me tomorrow.
     Michigan cherries........I love Michigan and Wisconsin cherries.  I got three pints on Tuesday, and I am down to a little over two pints tonight.  I love cherries.
     Michigan peaches!  Not as juicy as southern Illinois peaches, but still juicy enough to drip down your chin when you bite into them.
     Nectarines....which are Jackie's favorite fruit in the summer.  I am ok with them, but prefer peaches and cherries.
     Candy....all sorts of candy.  Dark chocolate, chocolate with coconut (which is Jackie's favorite and candy I will not be tempted to eat) and cookies, among other edibles.
     Wine.  Who knew Canadians made anything other than Molson?  But I have a couple of bottles on my dining room table that I will be eager to open.  One is a dessert wine, which means we need company for supper and dessert.
     There are other food items and miscellaneous around, but I can't remember it all right now.  Call it cherry hangover.
      I just hope that the cherry pits I have accidentally swallowed don't cause any problems.



No comments:

Post a Comment