Wednesday, August 8, 2018

all quiet on the western front

This was a ho-hum day

     Discovered I could not fit my bike in Jackie's car.  This surprised me.  The plan was to take my bike and ride while she got her hair done.
     I ended up getting a coffee at Cypress House (Sorry Trish!  Should have called.) I then proceeded to dribble it all over my shirt and shorts so it appeared I had an accident, and I went home.
     I read, finishing a book and reading some other papers, picked up Jackie and then returned home and mowed.
     Then I got in a ride, and watched the Cubs lose to a terrible team.
     All in all, a really boring day.
     There were lots of positives.
     I read.
     I mowed,
     I rode
     I enjoyed a coffee.
     It just all seemed hum drum.
     I guess it beats the alternative of panic and tension.
     I am looking forward to seeing the meteor showers coming up.  Oh wait....there is rain in the forecast?  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment