Wednesday, April 26, 2023

yummmm

 Food always gets me in trouble


    It makes me fat.  I spill  it on my clothing.  I eat too much of it.  I eat the wrong foods.

    And I eat at the wrong time.

    Today there was a grants reception for the Rochelle Area Community Foundation.  I am on the board.  I don't know how, but I am.

    Anyway, about 2 months ago I went to a check presentation where an organization gave money to the foundation.  I was in the picture.  When the picture was published in the paper, I was embarassed.  My belly looked humungous.

    Granted, I was about 205 at the time.  Yes, that is overweight.  Either that or I am 6 inches shorther than I should be.

    So, the picture inspired me.  Cut down on pop, french fries, candy, cookies, potato chips.  Exercise.

    So I did.

    At the doctor's appointment last week I was 193.7.  

    This week I have taken a beating.  Fries two nights, walked only once, pop a couple of times.

    But this afternoon was the worst!

    Our new interim police chief was there.  I was chatting with him and noticed the table next to us had a bowl of candy. 

    I saw Dots, which I loved as a kid.

    So I picked up a box and popped three in my mouth.

    I then realized why I loved them as a child and not as an adult.  They stick to your teeth.  It makes it difficult to talk because your teeth are stuck together.  And I had 3 of the suckers in my mouth.

    I mumbled an apology and went off to find a corner where I might not be noticed sticking fingers into my mouth to pry the Dots off my teeth.

    There were also some delicous looking cookies.  I took one, took a bite, chewed, swallowed, took another bite, chewed, swallowed and put the rest of the cookie in my mouth.

    That was when Dave, the fire chief, said, "Hi Terry.  How's it going?"

    He expected an answer and all I could do was hold up a finger and continue chewing, for what seemed like an hour.

    After finally swallowing, we had a nice but brief conversation.

    Julia asked if I could stop in town for supper.

    I said yes, then looked at my texts and saw one that said, "I am leaving now..."

    I asked her where she was going.  But she wasn't going anywhere. I had texted her when I left the house and was reading my text.

    I don't always do well with technology.

    So.  Today I did not walk.  I had french fries and pop.  I ate candy and cookies.  I feel like a beached whale.

    I need to put today behind me and start over again tomorrow.

    But no more Dots!

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment