Saturday, April 29, 2023

egads

 The last few days have been busy


    I seem to do a lot of little errands.

    Today I went to DeKalb to pick up a shower chair for Jackie.

    When I went to order it online, they said 2 days.  Knowing we had a doctor appointment last Wednesday, I waited until Monday to order it.  Wednesday would be 2 days.  It would be easy to pick up the chair after the doctor.

    But this time it took 3 days, which meant it would not be in until Thursday.  I had plans Thursday, and Friday, so I went today.

    I also dropped off a campaign sign, checked out our  booth at Pickin' Station, (we had a good month!)  and went to the butcher for some meat.  It was just a lot of driving around.

    The butcher usually has  cooked bar b que ribs but they sold out by the time I got there.  By then, I was determined to have ribs for supper, so in Sycamore I stopped at Portillo's.  I did not realize it was a 20 minute wait for ribs.  Oh well.  They were good.

    On the way to Creston and the butcher, there was a big pick up truck that was riding up on people's tails.  He changed lanes a couple of times and was really exceeding the 45 mph speed limit.  When I got to my destination, the same truck (I memorized the first 3 numbers of the plate) was parked in front of the butcher and was still running.

    I went in and saw the only person that could have been the driver.  I decided to reserve my comments on his driving skills based on his youth, muscular body, overall  appearance, and scowly face.  But I silently made fun of him.

    I think I grow a little more intolerant of people every day.  

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment