Sunday, April 16, 2023

you are kidding me

Sometimes I just get confused about life 


    I read an article (on line, of course) about a female climber in Spain who spent 500 days in a cave.

    By herself.  Alone.  On purpose. With limited communication with monitors who were keeping track of her.

    She would get resupplied regularly, but was never in  verbal contact with people.  They would drop off her supplies at a designated point in the cave and she would get them.

    Every 5 days she would leave a container of poop to be taken away.  I would not kid about this.  She waited 5 days!

    She read, weaved, and did all sorts of other things to entertain herself. 

    I'm thinking....why?  I would go nuts after a day, or at the most 2 days, especially if I had to use a bucket for my number 2s.  

    I wonder if at some point in her life she will ask herself, "Geez....I could have done that if I hadn't spent 500 days in a cave."

    What she was looking forward to most was a hot shower.  

    After 500 days, everyone near her probably felt the same.

    Then there were the thieves in Philadelphia who stole newly minted dimes from a parked truck.

    Dimes.  Somewhere between $100.000 and $200,000 worth of dimes.  The coins had just come from the mint and were headed in a semi to Florida.  The driver of the semi parked overnight to sleep.  When he went back to the truck, he saw the trailer doors were open and dimes were scattered everywhere.

    I had to Google this part.

    It seems $200 in dimes is around 10 pounds.  So, 2,000 in dimes should be 100 pounds.  And 200,000 in dimes should be what.....10,000 pounds?

    You have pulled off a successful robbery and now have a couple of tons of dimes.  

    What do you do with them?

    Buy a car with dimes?  Take them to a bank, which will be on the lookout for huge amounts of freshly minted dimes, and cash them in?

    Maybe the tooth  fairy did it.  A cheap tooth fairy at that.

    Reading about those folks was a lot better than reading about shootings and ex-presidents.

    But I am still scratching my head.

    And thinking yesterday it was 82 when I mowed, right now it is 36 and we should be getting snow.

    Like I said, you're kidding me!

Peace and Love




No comments:

Post a Comment