Monday, April 17, 2023

a day late

 I sometimes procrastinate


    We will be in Zurich in July and I found 2 hotels I thought would be ideal for us.

        But....they are both fully booked!

    So, working on the third choice.  Which Julia just booked.  So Dan and Linda have a room, and so do I.  But I plan on staying with my nephew and his family the first night.  

    I am excited yet worried about the trip.  We have an agency that will be providing day help for Jackie, but I still worry.  What if they don't show?  What if she has a problem they can't solve?  

    Yes, Emily will be around, but she works and has dogs to take care of so we can't count on her for a lot of help.

    The agency rep said they had several caretakers in the area and if one calls off, another would be available.  I am a little more comfortable with that, but I still worry.

    But I need to get away.  Mentally and physically, I need a vacation!

    The weather does not help.  Boy, was it crappy today!  Cold, wet, windy.....not exactly a day to  do anything outside.  At least my chairs and table are ready to go outside.

    My daffodils seem to have paid the price on last night's snow.  The ones on the slope are still blooming, but the ones in front had dropped their flowers.

    Oh well, such is life in Illinois.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment