Friday, April 14, 2023

1 and done?

My new routine lasted one night 


    Extenuating circumstances.  I went to the high school play and it did not get over until a little after 9:30.

    It was Neil Simon's "Lost in Yonkers."  Now, I am not a big Neil Simon fan, but the kids did a great job on this show.  Funny, and poignant, a good production.

    The theater group also runs a raffle.....$5 for an arm's length of tickets or $1 each.  I always get an armlength and never win.

    But tonight?  I won!  My share of the pot was $42, so I told them to just give me $10 and put the rest toward theater stuff.  So, I actually saw the show for free.  Plus I got a great chocolate chip cookie!  Almost as good as Emily's.

    For some reason I am having trouble typing tonight.  Actually, it has been all day.  My fingers are hitting the wrong keys a lot.

    Jackie and I had Acres burgers tonight.  They make a darn good hamburger.  Except, I had a melt, and that was even better than a burger.  Except for the onions.  Not crazy about the onions.  I used except too much in that paragraph.

    Last night I got to bed by 10:30.  I was asleep shortly after and did not wake up until about 2 for the bathroom and at 7:30 when dog Beth jumped up on the bed.

    I like the idea of getting to bed earlier because I get up earlier.  By noon today I already had one item crossed off my to do list.  Plus I got in my walk and made a trip to Creston in the afternoon.  We also got all the Easter decorations packed up and moved to the basement.

    I have  a feeling I will be up early tomorrow because Julia is in Chicago tonight so someone will have to let out Beth earlier than 10:30.  I just hope the neighbors don't judge me by my pajamas.

Go see the show!

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment