Thursday, April 6, 2023

$$$$$$$$$

 I guess I should not be surprised by anything


    But I did get a surprise today while reading an article.

    How many billionaires do you think live in Illinois?

    I am not talking millionaires, although I'd like you to guess that too.

    Billionaires.   $1,000,000,000 or more.

    Just to giet an idea, I Googled about spending.  If you had $1 billion and you spent $1,000 an hour, it would take you 114 years to spend it all.  About.

    Now I realize people don't have that much money in cash or a savings account.  It's in bonds, real estate, stock and other holdings.  They would have to liquidate everything to have that much cash.

    Anyway.....Illinois has 24 billionaires!  24!  14 of those are classified as "ultra rich" by Forbes Magazine.  And we have 24 because the richest of the Illinois rich recently moved to Florida where the political climate seems more fitting for them.  Otherwise we would have 25.

    And millionaires?

    Illinois has a bit over 346,000 households with a value over $ 1 million.  That includes realestate, taxes, etc.  Heck, lots of houses in Chicago sell for well over that, but it is still a surprise to me.

    I am not on either list.

    They don't have a list of people with over $5 in their pocket.  I would make that list, if I remember my wallet.

    Anyway......lots of rich people in our state.  

    If I had won that lottery, I could be on the list too!

Peace and Love





No comments:

Post a Comment