Wednesday, April 12, 2023

dang it

 I just can't handle growing grass


    I am jinxed.

    I fertilized, then reseeded the front yard.  

    Knowing seed needs water  to sprout, I have watered a lot.

    But nothing looks like it is growing.

    I know it has not been long, but shouldn't something look positive?

    This is my typical experience.  I put in grass seed and it does not grow.  No matter where I put it, it does not grow.

    Maybe it's lack of moisture or maybe it's sucky grass seed.  But this is the fourth brand I have tried.

    Hopefully the rains this weekend will really soak the yard and the little seeds will sprout forth.  If not, the yard will still look terrible.

    Jackie heard them say on a home improvement show that you should not water at night because it encourages mold growth.  The first thing I thought of is, does Mother Nature know that?  Because it rains a lot at night.

    Experts, smexperts.  What do they know?

    I am the last one in this part of the block to mow.  Everyone has done it at least once, except for me.  Maybe tomorrow.

    I can use the blue flags for Beth's Invisible Fence training as a kind of slalom course, weaving in and out at a high rate of speed.  

    Actually, we should start pulling some of the blue flags out so she is more aware of how far she can travel before getting a jolt.  I will take out some tomorrow, making it a little easier to mow.

    With the price of gas at almost $4 a gallon, I guarantee I will not mow unless absolutely necessary.

     Like  now.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment