Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Surprise

 I got a surprise in the garden today


    First off,I am terrible about picking cucumbers.  They get the size of footballs before I remember them.  Jackie said they are not good when they get that big.

    So I went out today and found some smaller ones.

    And this.



    I  may not be a terrific gardener, but I know this is not a cucumber.  There are two of these in my plot.  I only planted cucumber seeds, so my guess is the compost I used had some melon seeds.  

    And speaking of compost, my bin seems to have fallen apart.  The top no longer connects to the bottom, mainly because the bottom is no longer round and the top is.

    I am not sure what to do with all the refuse in the bin.  I guess I will find a new bin and transfer all the composting leaves, fruit and other stuff, but I really dread doing that.

    I had thought of building my own, but that never seems to work for me.  It becomes more of a mess.

    Anyone with suggestions?
    
    I mowed today instead of taking a nap!  That is a major accomplishment for me these days.

    And next week I plan to start riding again....enough of my own excuses.

    Stay safe.

Peace and Love





No comments:

Post a Comment