Thursday, August 11, 2022

oh, really?

Sometimes I am clueless 


    We had a pick up rehearsal tonight for the final three shows.

    I have a great deal of trouble with a line in the play.  I said it perfectly tonight, but tomorrow may be a differe nt story.

    When we were doing a different Tuna, I believe it was A Tuna Chrismas, I had a line that was:  "I have had it up to my ass with this sorry excuse for a town, and somebody is going to pay."

    I said it during rehearsals.  But the first night, I get to it and it comes out   "I had it up to here, and I am not going to take it."

    Every night after that I said it different.  TC said I would come out, hit that part, my eyes would roll up into my head, sweat would bead my forehead, and something strange would come out.

    Same problem this show.  I won't tell you the line, because I intend to get it right.

    And tonight, I have another line as Didi  that is "I am Pearl's bodyguard."  Renee and TC both said I have said "I am Didi's bodyguard."  3 times last weekend.  They didn't tell me because they knew I would get flustered for the rest of the show.

    It's hell getting old and remembering things.

    But the truth is, I have always inverted lines.  If the line is: he dropped off the film and washed his car I will say: he washed his car and dropped off he film.  Same actions, but a little different time line, maybe.

    I will never be able to change that, as hard as I try.

    Big moon tonight!  It was lovely.

    I tried looking for meteors last night, but no luck.  I will try again tonight but with the brightness of the moon, they may be hard to spot.

    Stay safe.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment