Wednesday, August 3, 2022

missing tastes

 My mouth is hungry for summer foods


    And I am disappointed.

    Many of you know I am like a prime number....a little odd.  

    I love locally grown produce.  Sweet corn, strawberries, peaches, cherries, and apples to be specific.

    Sweet corn and apples are no problem.  But the rest are.

    I love peaches from Southern Illinois, and Michigan and even Missouri.  They just taste better.  Every year I have friends who bring me some from the  Alto Pass area, and they are so yummy.  

    A DeKalb grocery store has Illinois peaches.  I bought 5.  The first one I bit into looked great on the outside, but the inside was brownish and the taste was not good.  I was very disappointed.  Peach  number 2 was better, but still not what I want.

    I didn't get strawberries because the place that had Michigan ones was 40 miles away, and gas was over $5 a gallon.  I could not find close strawberry sources.

    I was pleasantly surprised to see Michigan cherries in Aldi's, and I bought one pack but when I went back, the cherries were gone.  

    One of the things I loved about France and Switzerland were the markets.  You could buy local produce of all kinds.  It was fresh, tasty, and fun to buy.

    I think that is why I like growing my own beans, carrots, tomatoes.....they just taste better.  When they grow.

    So much for my summer tastes.

Peace and Love

    

    


No comments:

Post a Comment