Friday, May 6, 2022

what???

 I have trouble with electronics


    Signing in to some sites is a real problem.

    For instance, I have a Hoopla account through our local library.  I can access thousands of e books, as well as other materials.

    I am currentlu reading a book titled "The Alice Network."  This is the second book I have read by this author and I am enjoying this much more than the first.

    The story revolves around WW I and WW II and a woman's role as a spy, plus a woman's search for a missing cousin.  It is entertaining.

    My friend Linda posted some pictures of their recent trip to France.  They stopped at a village called Oradour sur Glane.  In June of 1944, shortly after the D Day invasion, Nazi troops rounded up  642 residents of the village and proceeded to murder them and set fire to the houses.

    The story is retold as part of "The Alice Network" plot.

    What a horrifying incident.

    And what a digression.

    I had to renew the book and was asked for my password.  I typed it in, but it was incorrect.  Typed it again, incorrect again.  The site has no button to help remember a password, but there is a change password option under security.  The problem?  You have to enter your password!

    How the hell does that make sense?

    I tried several times to no avail.

    On a lark, I "opened" the book again and .... voila!   There it was.  No password needed.

    I am so confused.

    Our cable was weird.  Channels were not where they were supposed to be.  I called Xfinity and eventually talked to an automoton which resent my signal, correcting the problem.

    Never talked to a human.  

    That drives me nuts.

    Anyway, two shows to go.  I actually said ALL my lines tonight, but did make a mistake when I was supposed to say birth and mortality rates are constant, I said death and mortality rates are constant.  

    I bet nobody even noticed.

Peace and Love.  Pray for Ukraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment