Wednesday, May 25, 2022

road trip

 I took a road trip to Amish country today


    We were looking for a special piece of furniture, so we called my sister in law who lives near there  and Julia, Emily and I made the drive north.

    Someone came in to care for Jackie, so all was good.

    We all met at the grocery store, located east of Portage out in the country.  Amish country.

    The store has no electricity, so it is fairly dark on a rainy day like today.  And yes, it rained on us from the moment we got out of the car there until we were nearly home.  

    The grocery store is like any other store.  Except most of the items are packaged in bulk.  So I bought some granola, trail mix, anise square candies....you know, the essentials.  By the way, cash or check only, no credit cards.

    We stopped at the furniture store, looked at the offerings, made a decision, then moved on.  I also bought a pint of locally made maple syrup.  By the way, cash or check only, no credit cards.

    To cheese shop, where I bought locally produced smoked gouda, gorzonga (not sure of the exact spelling.....like a blue cheese)  cheese crumbs, baby swiss, string cheese and more granola.  By the way, cash or check only, no credit cards.  But they do have electricity to run the coolers and refrigerators.

    Then we hit the bakery.  The folks were baking up a storm in the back, and I ended up with cinnamon bread, cinnamon buns, a little pecan pie, a small cherry pie, cookies.....never go shopping when hungry!  By the way, cash or check only, no credit cards.

    It was a pretty good day....but I bought enough junk food to feed an army.  I don't have much self control.

    But I have a lot of cookies.

Peace and Love.  Pray for Ukraine.


spices and toppings of all kinds at the grocery story

No school today

I have no idea

Too many choices...so buy a lot

Good lesson to remember


Transportation on a rainy day


No comments:

Post a Comment