Friday, May 27, 2022

Like Otis

 As in Otis Redding, sitting on the dock, eating time


    Granted, I wasn't on a bay.  But I did waste away some time.

    After breakfast, I really felt tired.

    So I decided to take a nap at about noon.

    Instead of sleeping in the bed, or in my chair, I opted for the recliner on the porch.

    It was breezy and cool.  I grabbed a heavy throw and wrapped it around me and over my head.  It felt great.

    I imagined I was on a ship at sea, sitting in a deck chair.  And on the balcony at Julia's in Switzerland on a cool October afternoon.  And sitting along an ocean, watching the tide roll away.

    All the while I was covered from head to toe.  Jackie woke me about 1:30 and I felt refreshed.  Chilled, but refreshed.

    As Otis sang: sitting in the chair on the porch, wasting time.  Well, he didn't really sing that, but I did.

    Made a quick run to the prairie plug people and picked up more plugs to finish planting. (Enough of p in that sentence?)   Then went to DeKalb to pick up some dry cleaning.  Rochelle doesn't have a dry cleaner anymore, I don't think. Now I wonder if there is a drop off spot.

    I did not do any yard work at all and I don't feel bad.  My body has a little time to rest, which I think it needed.

    After all, tomorrow is another day.

    I will probably regret today when the temps go into the upper 80s and I have plugs to plant....but sometimes I just need a nap.

Peace and Love.  Pray for Ukraine.  Pray for the families in Texas.


No comments:

Post a Comment