Monday, May 16, 2022

eeks!!!!

 I know what my problem is


    Every time I do something on my list, I realize I have to do another task to accomplish the task I want to do!

    Make sense?

    For instance.  I put the cushions on the chairs on the front porch.  I notced the chairs are pretty dirty.  Two of them need to have some protective oil applied.

    I did one task, but added:  washing the chairs; preserving the chairs.  

    I would have done more by not putting out the cushions!  

    That being said, I did get most of the garden planted today.  Julia helped.  We put in peas, green beans, cucumbers, two pepper plants and two tomato plants.

    I ran out of stakes to mark where stuff goes, so tomorrow I have to get some stakes and finish off by planting carrots and Italian beans.  

    Then I have to set up my watering system.  That is actually one of my jobs on the to do list.  It should be easier this year because I think I know what I am doing.  I think.

    At some point this week I would like to get the patio furniture out.  At least I don't have to do anything to that except put it in place.  I applied three coats of teak oil to the furniture last fall, so it should be looking good all year.

    I will be able to sit outside on the deck with a glass or two of pink or red and enjoy the evening.  Maybe.

    I got to see the eclipse last night....it was pretty darn neat!  It seems every time we have an event like that there are clouds, so last night was special.  Julia and I checked frequently and Jackie even rolled out to take a look.  

    I can't imagine the fear primitive people would have had when their moon or sun  started to disappear.  That must have caused quite a stir at some point in time.  

    And we solved the impatiens and salvia abundance question.  I told Julia 4 plants of each.  She bought 4 containers of  each, with each container having 4 plants.  She was thinking I wanted 4  containers.  

    I have planted some....still have some more to plant.

    The big news....Exit 99 will be doing a show in mid June.  I will keep you posted.

Peace and Love     Pray for Ukraine


No comments:

Post a Comment